In a crowd of mobile devices — with virtually similar CPUs, OSs, and networks — the products look and perform very similar to each other, thereby getting commoditized. The makers have to compete increasingly on price. Therefore, they need to implement product differentiators that consumers can readily notice and be attracted to buy them.
My patents in new form-and-functions deliver such product differentiators. What’s more, employing them will require just repackaging of the current product-technology into new form-factors, resulting in smaller development capital and shorter time to market for the new products.
Over 100 million PDAs and phones have been licensed under my patents. Previously, I lead the creation and launch of trendsetting handheld computers for barcodes. I am now offering my remaining patents and related IP, to OEMs and mobile platform providers. As an advisor, I can help in development and launch of related new products where needed by the buyers.
My creativity of the last ten years is captured in these patents. Unlike the industry’s recent take on patents as an asset for offensive or defensive posturing, I hope to catch the attention of product innovators in prospective buyer organizations.
Contact Raj Kumar directly and request a password and link to download the complete 2014 patents offering.
- Raj Kumar/ Inventor/ Founder/ CEO
Our IP should appeal to OEMs, ODMs, and providers of platforms, infrastructures, and contents for smartphones and tablets. They can purchase all or a portion of the portfolio, or even options to purchase desired patents at a future date after they are commercialized.
1. Mobile keyboard attached to a phone or tablet in (a) a notebook mode for key-entry, (b) carried in the front as a lid, or (c) stowed behind the main unit.
Prospects: Makers of Tablet keyboard.
2. Clip-on Headset carried on a phone, tablet, or laptop — for calls, videos, and casual music – without the user having to wear one all the time or disturbing those around by turn on the phone speaker.
Prospects: Makers of Bluetooth headsets and Smartphones. Video content providers.
3. Docking Display Unit transforms into a tablet or a notebook by having a smartphone dock in and provide the central processor and a touchpad capability to the combined unit.
Prospects: Smartphone makers.
4. Size-adaptable ADD-ON MODULE adds new functions to smartphones and tablets of different sizes. Especially suited for vertical enterprise applications.
Prospects: Makers of AutoID Mobile Devices
5. Rear-mounted Navigation Controls for unobstructive use as a feature for smartphones and tablets. Pending application.
Prospects: Gaming and other peripheral makers for smartphones and tablets.